Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Makin' microwave playdough


Sick of the teeny tiny hard bits of playdough that always find themselves under the table and on the carpet, I decided it was time to make some new stuff.

However, I didn't want to be standing over a pot on the stove stirring - then I came across microwave playdough in "The New Useful Book".

Ingredients

3 cups plain flour
1/2 cup salt
3 tablespoons oil
6 teaspoons cream of tartar
3 cups water
colouring

Method

Mix all the ingredients in a microwave dish. Cover and microwave on high for about seven minutes, stirring half way through. Knead when cool.

And whalah new playdough! (until this lot goes hard and teeny tiny bits break off)

Do you make your own playdough?

2 comments:

  1. Yes!! I much prefer home made playdough to shop bought!! You can add so much variety to it as well - nice smelling oils, glitter, sand etc.
    But I have to admit - the thought of children eating playdough makes me want to vomit - so I dont make it as often as I should!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nicole,
      THankfully my Little Miss 4 doesn't eat it anymore - but now I have my Little Mr 0 who will no doubt try it!!

      Delete