They tend to want to feed between two to four hours, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Over and over and over again. It really feels like you are living a groundhog day, whilst trying to snatch an hour or two sleep here and there.
Throw in a preschooler and trying to catch those most wanted zzzz's becomes even harder.
Currently I am doing the following in an attempt to cope:
- Caffeine - I am drinking two coffees per morning and would drink more if I didn't start to shake from the caffeine overload.
- Eating well - I try to eat five meals a day; brekkie, morning tea, lunch, arvo tea and dinner. I find when I don't do this I feel even worse.
- Attempting to go to bed at 7pm and Hubby feeding Little Mr 0 his 9pm/10pm bottle- some nights my Little Miss 4 even puts me to bed. If all goes to plan I don't have to get up until 1am/2am (ish).
- Hubby doing the weekend shifts - Hubby has been feeding Little Mr 0 his overnight bottles on Friday and Saturday nights, while I try to get a solid block of sleep.
- Attempting to sleep when Little Mr 0 sleeps - sadly this is easier said than done with everything else that needs to be done!
Sleep deprivation is definitely some kind of torture!