If you want to make this groovy snail pot to keep your tiny treasures in, do this....
- Air-drying clay; whatever amount as it depends on how big you want to make your snail
- Pipe cleaner; any colour you want
- Acrylic paints; any colour you want
- Cut the clay in half.
- From one half of the clay, remove some clay to make a ball for the head and two smaller balls for the eyes.
- Stick the two tiny balls on the bigger ball to make the eyes, flattening them as you fix them on.
- Cut two pieces of pipe cleaner and poke them into the head.
- With the rest of this first half of clay, make a tapered oval shape. Use your thumbs to indent it a little in the middle, this is where your treasures will eventually go.
- Stick the head to the untapered end.
- Roll the other half of clay into a ball.
- Use your thumbs to shape the ball into a hallow snail's shell shape. Make sure that the shape fits the base of your model.
- Add a spiral on each side using the toothpick.
- Leave both pieces to dry overnight (it might take longer).
- When both pieces are dry you can paint them and then hide your treasures under the snails shell.